The Hall of Fame Honors:
Grant's/Tony's XY Ford Falcon
||Electric Blue with GT blackouts
I purchased the car back in 2001 from Queensland (I could not find any good examples in Victoria at that time). I had it trucked down and found out shortly after that the engine needed a rebuild and decomping (the guy I bought it off told me that it ran on pump fuel; it pinged it's head off) and the brass button clutch was buggered, so I started a 2 month rebuild (so I thought, it took around 11 months) and found that all I could reuse from the original engine was the crank, water pump, 4V SS Mildon valves & bare heads, I could not even reuse the original block (all the ports where oval). After I got it back on the road I found all the stress of the build was worth it.
About 18 months ago I took her off the road again to replace a buggered brake booster and thought to myself while I have the booster out it makes it very easy to get to the wiring in the engine bay so I started a full re-wire and since then I have found plenty of other things to do, too long to list. I'm looking to have the XY back on the road for this summer, cross your fingers for me! -Grant.
Specs & Info
- Body: Paint is Electric Blue with the normal GT black outs GT Trim, Petrol cap, Shaker (polished), Mirrors and bonnet hold downs
- Interior: Full GT specs - centre console, It has GT Dash including 8000RPM Tacho and 140MPH Speedo, Steering Wheel, door trims and front and back seats.
- Engine: Std stroke 351C, 10.5 compression, ported and CC’d 2V heads with Milodon 4V SS valves, HD double valve springs, Yellow Terra 1.7 roller rockers, teflon valve seals, Crane lifters & push rods, Crane F246 solid cam, Rollmaster double row timing set, 30 thou KB hypereutectic pistons, Speed pro rings, resized con rods, balanced Aussie crank, Ross balancer, Yella Terra Billet flywheel, Std vol oil pump driven by a ARP heavy duty drive shaft, Restrictor kit, Fel-Pro gaskets & all held together with ARP studs & bolts.
- Induction: K&N filter on top of a 750cfm Speed Demon carbie on a Match ported Wieand X-Celerator single plane manifold.
- Fuel System: Mallory 110 electric fuel pump, Moroso in line fuel filter, 1/2" Speed Flow fuel line, Holly fuel reg.
- Ignition: 6AL MSD controller, MSD billet dizzy, 10mm Top Gun leads connecting to NGK plugs.
- Exhaust: HPC coated Pacemaker 4 into 1's with 3" collector, twin 3" pipes with a H pipe into Lucky Turbo mufflers dumped just before the diff.
- Gear Box: Toploader shifted with a Hurst Indy shifter, Centre force clutch.
- Tail Shaft: Balanced 3 1/2" with heavy-duty uni joints.
- Diff: 9" steel hat, 4.11's, LSD, new clutch pack & 28 spline axles.
- Performance: 1/4 mile: 13.1 @ 109mph, Dyno: 313 RWHP