Eastside Cruisers

all makes & models car club
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Springnats dates
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 pm 

My Ride: HQ MONARO - VX SS
Name: Charlie
If an event like this comes to Melbourne would be in for sure and know a lot of people would be keen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:43 pm 

My Ride: LX Torana
Name: Brett
Bring on a Melbourne event!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 am 

Hi Shannon cheers for your support and we will keep you all posted on what we decide for Melbourne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:41 pm 

Don't forget ppl that its only just over a week before the 20th Shepparton Springnats prices head north so get ya entry's in now and beat the $100 price hike that goes into place from November 1st.
You can enter either online at www.autofest.com.au and head to the red Entry Tab, Entry Forms can also be downloaded at the same location or you can email us at springnats.autofest@bigpond.com and one will be sent back to you.
Also a reminder for the ones who have not entered the "Win a Ride" competition at our website to get in now so you do not miss your chance to ride Shotgun in one of the Team Extreme Weapons.
Hope to see you there to help us celebrate our 20th Anniversary of the Shepparton Valvoline Springnats.
Note: You can also hook yourself an Entry to our other Series events at Mount Gambier, Bathurst and Melbourne from the same site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 pm 

Press Release 15/11/2012

With just over one week before the staging of the 20th Anniversary Shepparton Valvoline Springnats we are proud to announce the following inclusions that will be part of making the 2012 event one of the best yet.

We kick of the weekend with a Display within the Maude Street Mall on Friday 23rd November from 12 midday till 2pm with some of the Heavy Hitters that will be seen in Action over the course of the weekend including the unveiling of Two Mechanical Monsters, one belonging to Mr Steve Nogas in his Camaro known as KillaB and the other is South Australia's own Mr Marcus Schwirse in his all new Holden VE Ute know as BLOWN and both have 1. never before been seen in this Region and 2. for the first time ever these Weapons will unleash around 3000Horsepower onto the Tarmac right here in Shepparton. Joining them also will be Legend John"Junior"Taverna, World Burnout Champs, Peter and Debbie Gray, Adam "Numnutz" Slorach as well as Shepparton's own Mr Perry Meka along with a couple of other surprises and the Valvoline Girls, so plan to spend your lunch time down at the Mall and make sure you come up and say high and grab an autograph at the same time.

Then it's down to the Shepparton Showgrounds where visitors will witness one of the best line ups of participating cars for quite a number of years with many travelling from near and far to be part of our 20th Springnats celebrations for the first time. With most of the Burnout "Big Guns" already entered, this year's Burnout Comp will be the Toughest ever held in Shepparton add to this the Shannons Showcar and Streetcar Masters Displays, that are also filling quickly and including cars on display that are also taking part for their first time at Shepparton.

Team Extreme are making a welcome return causing Mechanical Mayhem at their best as are those Crazy Drift guys from 2011 but we are also adding a couple of other demos for the crowd that includes the Just Car Insurance Double Drifting Duo’s Display where Pro-Series teams Insane Drifters & JAK Motorworks will be unleashing their sliding manoeuvres on the tarmac, showing how the pro drivers slide. These two drift teams compete nationally in the Australian Drifting GP and have been sliding for over 10years meaning that they’ll put on some great synchronised sliding. Make sure you check out the two teams sliding around Springnats this year and add to this the 51.Fifty Motor Bike Stunt Team from Queensland with their wild On Track Antics and the World Burnout Champs, Peter and Debbie Gray with their Side By Side Burnout Demos, this has got to be one of the biggest Horsepower Displays seen in this part of the Country Ever!

Valvoline as well as other Industry leaders will be onsite over the entire weekend to show you the latest in technology and product within their range and trade exhibits are also up so visitors as well as competitors just may hook themselves a bargain just in time for Christmas.
Model Holy Storm together with local photographer Dale Wright are giving Springnats Competitors to opportunity to have their car photographed with Holy over the weekend as well.

We have received support from Police and Council to reinstate the Sunday morning Supercruise so be up early and get your position on the Cruise route from 9.00am. The Supercruise leaves the Showgrounds along Archer Street the right into Wilmot Road, right into Wyndham Street, past the Lake foreshore and right into High Street to return to the Showground.
The GV Hotel and Jack Daniels are on board with us again and are offering a 10% on all drinks and meals over the Springnats. weekend.
Also onsite will be Tyres 2 You that are offering competitors tyre changing services along with tyre sales, Highway tyres will also be offering their new range of coloured tyres.
As part of the Springnats 20th Anniversary we have invited some of the stand out cars that have appeared at the Shepparton event over the past 20 years and the Mc Intosh centre will become known as the Legends Hall for the 2012 event.
We are looking after the younger ones with more rides and attractions than ever including the ever popular dodgem cars jumping castles and more.
We are still receiving enquiry's in regards to whether or not it is too late to enter for the weekend and answer is Yes you can still enter up until close of Scrutineering 2.00pm Saturday 24th November or online at our website www.autofest.com.au

Hope to see you all there to enjoy the fun and excitement that is the
Shepparton Valvoline Springnats!

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact via email at springnats.autofest@bigpond.com or on 0417 511557.

Street Rods, Street Machines, Kustoms, Imports and Restored/Authentic are all welcomed and catered For!

Where Excitement Lives and Good Times Are Had!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am 

My Ride: Cam'd LS1 ss -11.81@121
Name: Beno
Is anyone heading up?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 am 

My Ride: 1975 torana, 1964 pontiac
Name: Shannon
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/tuf253torry
yeah Beno we're taking up my torry, sounds like its going to be a big one this year! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm 

Sounds like I will have to make the trek up there on saturday maybe.. I will get ur number from Leigh in case i head up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 am 

My Ride: 1975 torana, 1964 pontiac
Name: Shannon
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/tuf253torry
no worries mate catch you up there! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm 

How did you go Sunday Shannon?

Sumting wong with my Chinese chev - i spat a tailshaft on the way home, but only $35 to get a replacement part (from picka a part of all places) - gotta love that :)

Attachments:
Tailshaft2.jpg
Tailshaft2.jpg [ 160 KiB | Viewed 2059 times ]