Eastside Cruisers

all makes & models car club
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 pm 

My Ride: Blown SV8 - 10.75@130mph
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/Brstuchbery
Eastside Does Summernats - 5th to 8th Jan 2012

That's right, for the first time ever Eastside Cruisers is going to have an official attack at entering Summernats as a club. For those of you that have never entered or been it's 4 days of madness with some of the best cars in the country. Some of the events that are ran during the course of the weekend are cruising, burnout comps, go-whoa, dyno comps and static car shows etc. It's definitely one of the biggest car events of the year and is one not to be missed. Plus it's also Summernats 25th year so it's a celebration at the same time.

This year we're also looking at camping together as a club as we can pre-book camp sites together if we choose to. This adds a great social aspect to the event and is just as much fun as the car events themselves. Being grouped together is great for being able to look out for each others cars but we'll also be able to take up the club BBQ and hopefully our new marquee for us to use. As a side benefit of entering as a club we have an option of trying to be included in the Supercruise which happens on Saturday night around the main arena. I'll find out the specifics for this later but it would be awesome to have a group of the clubs cars representing us in the main cruise of the event.

Plus who can forget the actual cruise to Canberra and back for those who enter. Each year we look at departing early Thursday morning and cruise up the Hume Highway arriving at Canberra just after lunch time. This allows ample time to setup camping areas and get your car scrutineered for the weekend. We also look at heading off around lunch time on Sunday for the drive home and you arrive just after dinner time. This is another part of the Summernats experience overall and would probably be the longest cruise that Eastside has organised.

Below is some information for pricing and links to forms etc:

Pricing

For entrants who get their forms in before July 31 it will cost $130 each. After that date it will cost you $190 to enter up until 31 October and $280 up until 9 December so we recommend getting your entries in before the first cutoff to make it as cheap as possible. If you don't want to enter then you can always come up and get a buddy pass (each entrant can list 4 buddies) which is $110 and that allows you in to the event for the 4 days and allows you to camp with the entrants.

Camping costs are $70 for each entrant and buddy for the 4 days which is pretty good value in the end. If we're looking at camping together I will be filling out a camping booking form in August (needs to be in by 31 August) to group all of our sites together. Each site is 6m x 5m in size and that is for 1 entrant and up to 4 buddies. To pre-book camp sites though there is an extra cost of $30 per site which will allow us to group the sites.

Summernats Website

http://www.summernats.com.au/

Entry Form

http://www.summernats.com.au/images/stories/FORMS/PRINT_VERSION_Entry_Form_2012.pdf

Entrant Advice Sheet

http://www.summernats.com.au/images/stories/FORMS/entrant%20advice%20sheet%202012.pdf

I'll keep a running list of people who are entering and people who are looking at coming up as buddies also and will update the list as people decide to come along and also when they get their entrant numbers. If you have any questions don't hesitate to let any of the committee members know.

Entrants:

Grant - 355ci LX Hatchback
Brett - Blown SV8 Commodore
Jamie - AC/DC Monaro
Eric - 4 Door LJ XU1

Buddies:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 pm 

My Ride: 77 lx torana 93 vq states
Name: Ryan
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/redtorry
sounds awesome would be keen on coming up but wont no till closer to date what time is the cut off point

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 pm 

My Ride: ZJ Fairlane(TUFFZJ),G220
Name: Matthew
mr5000 wrote:
sounds awesome would be keen on coming up but wont no till closer to date what time is the cut off point

I'm in the same boat, also I have to find someone to look after my puppy dog (aka my little girl) :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 pm 

My Ride: Blown SV8 - 10.75@130mph
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/Brstuchbery
TUFFZJ wrote:
mr5000 wrote:

I'm in the same boat, also I have to find someone to look after my puppy dog (aka my little girl) :roll:

Are you guys looking at coming as entrants or spectators? As an entrant there isn't really a cutoff but it just gets more expensive the closer you leave it to the event so that's why I recommended to try and enter before 31 July. As for pre-booking camping sites together that did have a cut-off of 31 August so we could only organise sites around the people entered up to that point but people can still enter afterwards and we can try and help sort out accomodation etc.

As a spectator if you want to get a buddy pass you don't really need to worry about it until later on if you wanted as you can even buy buddy passes on the day when you come along to scrutineering with us. Last year we did that with a few people and there were no issues with it at all. Each entrant can have up to 4 buddy passes so as long as we organise it around that you should be fine. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:01 am 

My Ride: LX Hatch, VT 5L Calais
Name: Matt
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/253ToranaSS
I'm still thinking about this one.... If I come I'll probably just be a spectator.... But there is a slight chance I might take the car along (All depends how great it all goes when its back on the road!)

But I'm still 50/50 whether I'll do Summernats or Kustomnats...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 am 

My Ride: LJ Torana
Name: Eric
count me in - had a ball last year as a spectator, camped on site which is the best way to experience the madness, made some friends and met some nice people. Rough and wild time, not for the faint hearted but good fun and heaps of awesome cars. This time I'll bring the Torana and go as an entrant (just for the show and shine I think) I don"t have a tent (but I could always get one if I have to), but they sent me flyer saying that you can book a site with a tent and mattress already set up so you dont have to stuff around bringing one up and setting it up and save room in your car.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:32 am 

My Ride: 1975 torana, 1964 pontiac
Name: Shannon
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/tuf253torry
brenton and i will definately be taking up our toranas to destroy some tyres :D but we'll be marqueeing it up 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:54 am 

My Ride: 1987 C4 Corvette
Name: Tony
At this stage I'm doing custom nats but you are making a very tempting proposition Brett!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 am 

My Ride: 77 lx torana 93 vq states
Name: Ryan
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/redtorry
ill put the offer up now any one who wants to tow there car up my tandem should be all regoed and ready by then if you want to use it only catch is you gotta find a spot for me in the car to get up

always had some unfinished business at summernats first time i went i was crook as a dog and struggled to enjoy it didnt even get a chance to have a jd slushy

also tandem has electric brakes cant find any picture of it but its a banana back style trailer so although it sits quite high the cars wheels are inline with the trailers easy as to tow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:18 am 

My Ride: HQ MONARO - VX SS
Name: Charlie
Mite see if I can go as it's been a few years since I last went. Don't know if I'll bring the Monaro though! Be good to see a few of us all head up there together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next