Eastside Cruisers

all makes & models car club
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Outer Eastern Suburbs
My Ride: '74 XB Falcon
Name: Mick
I had a good night and the kebab stop was great. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:08 pm
Posts: 137
My Ride: HR premier/ VS maloo ute
Name: Paul
Had a great night, fantastic spot for a cruise to have few drinks and a chat.

It's a must again!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:11 am
Posts: 1899
Location: Narre Warren South
My Ride: Blown SV8 - 10.75@130mph
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/Brstuchbery
I was planning to make it for the cruise but got stuck back at work and couldn't make it in time. :(

This was probably just one of those Friday nights that didn't work well for a lot of people, hopefully the next one will be a lot bigger. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 1982
Location: Upwey, Victoria
My Ride: LX Hatch, VT 5L Calais
Name: Matt
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/253ToranaSS
Looks like the guys that went had a great night!

For me, Friday nights are hard for me to get motivated to go on a cruise... I'm normally knackered from the work week, and at best I just feel like relaxing at home or a local pub for a few drinks for something laid back and not formal. Last thing I normally feel like doing it getting the Torry out for a long cruise.

Also, city cruises don't overly appeal to me, I prefer the cruises in the outer Eastern Suburbs (Sorry Charlie), where I'm not too far from home, especially on a Friday night when I'm already tired before the cruise starts!

I might be the only one that thinks that about the Friday night cruises, Or I might not be... I personally would prefer a Sunday Lunch/Afternoon Cruise on a regular basis... I'll be more inclined to get the car out and come along. It'd be good to hear from others (Who don't normally attend the Friday Night Cruises) their thoughts on it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 783
My Ride: Cammed as fark ls1 bro
Gee sounds like somebody needs a cup of cement hahaha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:23 pm
Posts: 1446
My Ride: LX SS Hatch and VE SSV
Name: Grant
evil75 wrote:
maybee the date just wasnt good for alot of people.

Brett SS wrote:
This was probably just one of those Friday nights that didn't work well for a lot of people
I'm thinking that may of been the case but just wanted to get people’s opinions. Also this the second Friday night cruise in a row were we have had a poor turnout.

MRLXSS wrote:
I might be the only one that thinks that about the Friday night cruises, Or I might not be... I personally would prefer a Sunday Lunch/Afternoon Cruise on a regular basis... I'll be more inclined to get the car out and come along. It'd be good to hear from others (Who don't normally attend the Friday Night Cruises) their thoughts on it?
That is good feedback Matt, thanks for that. I wonder how many others feel the same way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 52
My Ride: slr5000, lx ss
Name: kris
Sunday lunch/arvo cruises would be pretty good


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 1409
I think that a sunday cruise every now and then like we have been doing is good, Speaking for myself i dont think i would turn up to many sunday cruises if they were once a month becouse to go on a cruise during the day really takes up the best part of your day. sure it would propably work for a bit, But i think after a while people will just go arr il miss this one and make the next one like a few are doing now with the friday night cruises,

We do have weekend cruises , family, days , tech days ect ect, if we had a monthly cruise as well i think it would be too much day stuff.
The friday night cruises are awsome, its the end of the week and what better way to let your hair down than a cool cruise and a cold one for the passangers of course.

But thats just my 2 cents Im sure many others may have a different view, But id think if the magority wanted a regualer day cruise we would have a huge turnout for all the day cruises we run now and from what ive seen its no bigger than the fri night turnouts unless its for a special event.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 am
Posts: 974
Location: Cockatoo vic
My Ride: GTS Monaro
Name: Andrew
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/monarogts1974
I like friday night cruises,
i would not turn up to many sunday arvo cruises as this is my family day.
truth is i fell asleep on the couch on friday lol
but not much fun on your own in the daily to a pool hall and police and the 0.5 drink thing.
i am sure it will pick up again, just some fridays people cant make it
my 3 cents
ISO


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 pm
Posts: 1079
My Ride: HQ MONARO - VX SS
Name: Charlie
evil75 wrote:
I think that a sunday cruise every now and then like we have been doing is good, Speaking for myself i dont think i would turn up to many sunday cruises if they were once a month becouse to go on a cruise during the day really takes up the best part of your day. sure it would propably work for a bit, But i think after a while people will just go arr il miss this one and make the next one like a few are doing now with the friday night cruises,

We do have weekend cruises , family, days , tech days ect ect, if we had a monthly cruise as well i think it would be too much day stuff.
The friday night cruises are awsome, its the end of the week and what better way to let your hair down than a cool cruise and a cold one for the passangers of course.

But thats just my 2 cents Im sure many others may have a different view, But id think if the magority wanted a regualer day cruise we would have a huge turnout for all the day cruises we run now and from what ive seen its no bigger than the fri night turnouts unless its for a special event.


Would have to agree with ISO and dave.
I enjoy having a cruise on a friday night after a long week at work, plus i find a friday night cruise is a lot of fun and having to not worry about work the next day or though i do work some sat as well but hey its still the weekend.

Also as far as destinations go, i think its good to mix it up a little and not focus only in one area as it would become a little boring and we do now have a few members living in not just the east but every where even all the way in sunbury and my self in the west! Just my 4 cents lol.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group