All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wholesale automatics
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:41 pm 

My Ride: Rx4 Rotary
Name: Denis
9337 2424 little maltese man great guy , cant recommend him enough

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 pm 

Sorry to hear all the troubles with it Dave. Let alone the fact they drove your car after you asked them to call you before they drove it. Good luck with the new one who ever builds it.
But i Hate to say it Dave they have never had a rep. All my boxs are built by an old Bloke by the name of Jimmy Walton. he races what he sell. has been for well over 40 years. I have never had any issues with him. And if i do he is always more than happy to fix it free of charge.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:52 pm 

That sounds way too cheap to be good. Bloody hell, I paid $3,500+ for a full blown Jatco 3 speed! Sure enough it sh*t itself within a few hundred K's, but guess what...The builder stood buy his product, shipped it too and from Adelaide, rebuilt it due to a stuck valve at no expense to me. Why did I get a box built in Adelaide, becasue they are known to be the best for Jatco builds, not the cheapest. Oh and the owner after me had it for something like 8000k's with an issue.

One thing I don't get, sure you've done 1,000k's. How many 1/4 mile passes, slicks wheels up launches, burnouts, dyno runs etc over that period?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm 

yeah sure i did some quater runs and burnouts ect ect but all the things that have gone wrong are due to a very poor build of the box if it had broken becouse of my right foot i would not say a word about it but 80% of the issues happened while i was running in a n/a motor
a turbo 400 is a very very strong box even in std form so 2 grand cash is still good money
the build quailty was far from exeptable and not what that promised

the only thing extreem about there extreem gearbox is you will be extreemly ripped off extreemly disapointed and extreemly pissed off

even after all the stuff ups with my box i still said good things about them but once i opened it up and saw all the dodgy sh*t i was no longer a loyal customer. every company has bad days but what got was just not on

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:52 pm 

My Ride: Rx4 Rotary
Name: Denis
TuffXR wrote:
Sorry to hear all the troubles with it Dave. Let alone the fact they drove your car after you asked them to call you before they drove it. Good luck with the new one who ever builds it.
But i Hate to say it Dave they have never had a rep. All my boxs are built by an old Bloke by the name of Jimmy Walton. he races what he sell. has been for well over 40 years. I have never had any issues with him. And if i do he is always more than happy to fix it free of charge.

Why would you have any problems mate you drive like Ms Daisy

Had to say it Big fella :)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 pm 

Yep, I was put on to Jim Walton, unfortunately he'd just done a Nissan Jatco and said never again. But he was honest and sent me straight to the supplier of the parts he used.

Yeah, I get that you found some dodgy stuff inside, but so many other shops sh*t can competitors just to get the job. You must admit, three years of absolute abuse is still pretty good going and the fact 2 grand is spare change when building a car.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:07 pm 

Spoolin wrote:
Yep, I was put on to Jim Walton, unfortunately he'd just done a Nissan Jatco and said never again. But he was honest and sent me straight to the supplier of the parts he used.

Yeah, I get that you found some dodgy stuff inside, but so many other shops sh*t can competitors just to get the job. You must admit, three years of absolute abuse is still pretty good going and the fact 2 grand is spare change when building a car.

yeah nar sorry 2 grand is 2 grand i worked alot harder than them too get it. if it broke from wear and tear or obuse that would be fine but they promesed me a quality box took my money and sold me a half arsed attempt at one. i saw all the dodgy stuff with my own eyes its not a case of another shop trying to make them selves look good i do not call a random spring in my oil filter or a intalled broken clip quality work

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:04 am 

My Ride: 1975 torana, 1964 pontiac
Name: Shannon
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/tuf253torry
yep if your going to sell a gearbox that is supposedly going to hold 550hp then wouldnt you think you actually build what you are selling? why bullshit to the customer, as i said when Adam at ATS pulled brentons EXTREME turbo 350 apart he found it didnt have any extra or uprated clutch packs like it was supposed to and it was badly set up, all he was able to use from it was the case and valvebody, and this was an auto that is supposed to hold 550hp and it failed with a bit over 400! :( only place our auto's will be going from now on is out to Bendigo to ATS automatics, no bullcrap and you get what you pay for and he can build a bloody tough auto!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 pm 

That's crap Dave sorry to hear mate. There are a lot of dodgy auto shops out there the only good place's I have heard of is ATS,berko and AW in furntree gully and with out the converter the all charge under $2000 for a full manual box to suit big HP. And when selecting full manual option there are 3 different types for the down change patten.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:45 pm 

its ok its not the end of the world its just disapointing seems that so many people and companys just wanna make a quick buck and rip ya off
what ever happened to an honest days work and pride in your work/products