Eastside Cruisers

all makes & models car club
It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wholesale automatics
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:49 pm 

evil75 wrote:
what ever happened to an honest days work and pride in your work/products

You know what happened...90% of people are fixated on price and want everything cheap and something has to give.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 pm 

My Ride: Cammed as fark ls1 bro
No I disagree max if you jump on to there web site it goes into great detail what goes into the turbo 400 extreme box they have different options for people looking for. Cheaper unit but if you opt for the extreme box and get a stage 2 that's just plain out right fraud can't charge for things not done mate people can go to jail for that

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm 

evil75 wrote:
its OK its not the end of the world its just disappointing seems that so many people and company's just wanna make a quick buck and rip ya off
what ever happened to an honest days work and pride in your work/products

I would seem it is a rare thing theses days Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am 

My Ride: LX Torana
Name: Brett
I must be one of the lucky ones... Wholesale built my TH350 in the Torana.. it's not an extreme box, but one level down. They call it a "500 H.P." build.

My 383 is no ball-tearer, but still makes a solid 450ish HP, and lots of torque. 10 or so years later, and I reckon 50,000+ km's of use, and it's still perfect. I don't thrash the car too hard, but it's still been given a fair workout here and there... lots of drag days, dyno days, skidpan days, Easternats, Springnats etc....

It's all luck of the draw I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:14 am 

I agree that you can't charge and not supply a part or service, it's not ethical even though thousands of people still do it.

The bit that I struggle with, is 2K for a full blown trans doesn't equate in my books as the right price to be paying for a workshop, not backyarder to build a trans. You said you had initial problems that were all resolved and you haven't said you've had problems in since then and have punished it for 3 years without an issue, you could have potentialy gone many more years without an issue.

This is directly quoted from their website:

Our Technical Development and Motorsports division at Wholesale Automatic Transmissions has for over the past 2 years come under some heavy pressure from almost every type of motor vehicle enthusiast to expand our company to also include the following categories into our development range.

It states they have developed the extreme range in the last two years? I've read on other sites 'stage 2' kits and all they seem to mention is a shift kit and no other special goodies inside.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much :?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 am 

I have a pretty hardcore th400 stage 2 (built with all the goodies) meant to handle 600+hp but it's currently in peices sitting at AW Automatic's because its spun the 34 element sprag, after 8mths and 3000km so no second gear :cry: It was'nt built by AW it's just there for repairs cause they do great work.
A workshop to not supply what they either tell you or advertise is flat out wrong, especially were bad work is done.
Guess there are parts they cant control though, in mine the sprag is it's weak spot once back together it could go for another 3 years or just 3km you just dont know there a tricky thing transmissions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 am 

max a turbo 400 was designed to handle a big block chev for hundreds of thousand klm
i walked in the door and said how much to rebuild my t400 to handle a blown sbc they gave me a price i accepted it and never asked them if they could do it cheaper

i removed and installed the box i paid tce to build conveter so considering t400 are one of the cheapest boxs you can build as they were over engineered from factory 2000 in cash was not a cheap price

they big note themselves as being the best around they showed me a masive photo book and explained all the time and effort they go to blue printing them machineing them ect to get a box that is 110% and say it will be good for 750hp

but then it takes them 3 goes to get it to work right and yes it lasted for three years but the point im trying to make is the box never broke it wore out rapidly becouse of a poor line pressure issue that had been there from the start.

And they did poor machine work left a spare spring just sitting in my oil pickup
installed a brocken clip and clearly never took the time to build it right i have done 1000 klm in 3 years if that box was behind a std 308 it may of lasted 20,000klm
i have had many breakdowns and have never pointed a finger before but now i am becouse it is very clear that the cause of this is only due to them promising a top notch box and them slapping it together becouse they could not care less. or they had the apprentice build it unsupervised wich is still not on.

if you paid out good money too have an engine built and after it failed discover they just used your old bearings would you just say oh cool it last 1000 klm and 3 years what a great job or would you be pissed becouse it could have last 10 years if they hadnt tryed to save $50